After a short 4 hours of sleep, I woke to the sound of the Muessin calling the Muslims to prayer. Such a foreign sound. I dozed off and on as the sound of the traffic...and the roosters...got louder as Nairobi came to life. In the distance I heard a cathedral bell chiming a pretty melody.
Finally Tim turned over and said that we should call off the pretense of sleeping...and just get up. It was 5.45am. The morning is cool and the day dawned sunny and bright, just like I remember Nairobi - the promise of a gorgeous day.
We all got dressed and headed down to breakfast- a lovely buffet of sausages, bacon, banana fritters (yumm), toast, freshly cooked eggs and wonderful coffee.
After breakfast our driver turned up and they loaded the van and he headed off to Kisumu with all our luggage. This is a fantastic provision for us as the small plane that will take us to Kisumu will have limited luggage space. We are now waiting around for another driver to come take us exploring.
1 comment:
Friends: I already had your pics processed so I will take them to church tomorrow. Amazing that 12 pieces made it together, and without duty. Thanks for the blog, very helpful.
Post a Comment